Ministry of Education, Government of India, (formerly known as Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India) introduces Unnat Bharat Abhiyan for the development of rural infrastructure in India. The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan tries to make holistic development of villages and in this regard it sets the vision and mission of the Abhiyan .
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is an opportunity given by the Ministry of Education, Government of India in order to make able faculty and students working in the higher educational institution to work with the people residing in rural area to identify developmental challenges and evolve appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth.
Annasaheb Gundewar College, Nagpur introduces the activity of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan in the year of 2020 – 2021 and for that purpose, a cell known as Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Cell was formed in the same year .
The college adopted five villages in the vicinity of the Nagpur city for making holistic and sustainable development of the village in collaboration with administrative machinery of the Nagpur districts. The college makes effort in the identification of issues faced by the villages, proving remedies to remove the issues and suggest socio- economic developmental avenues.
The college conducted surveys of villages in the Nagpur district and selected five villages on the basis of analysis made on survey data. The survey identified the issues and needs of the adopted villages and
on the basis of it, the college framed a proposed developmental plan of the selected villages which consists of
1. To increase agricultural production and its productivity.
2. Identification and utilization of sustainable eco-friendly technology and local resources in the development of village.
3. Generation and provision of employment opportunities to the youth of the villages.
The college identified two major areas of holistic development of the villages and these are as follows
1. Identification of Health issues and eradicating it.
2. Identification of education and culture issues and eradicating it.
3. Values creation of the village people.
4. Promoting Skills and Entrepreneurship.
1. Organic based Agriculture.
2. Management of water and its conservation.
3. Identification of renewable energy sources and effective utilization of it.
4. Identification of issues and challenges of Artisans and rural industries and suggest remedial measures.
5. Providing IT literacy.
6. Suggesting effective ways of delivering basic amenities.
7.. Installation of Vermin Composting Unit.
Ministry of Education, Government of India, has granted and issued a fund of Rs. 50,000/- ( Fifty Thousand Only) , in the year 2021 – 2022, for the implementation of the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan in the adopted villages.
|2||Prof. S.P Gohane||Member|
|3||Prof. R.B Burile||Member|
|4||Dr. B.V Shrigiriwar||Member|
|5||Dr. M.R Thakre||Member|
|6||Dr. R.S Loanre||Member|
|7||Dr. D.B Ambade||Member|
|8||Dr. G.B Bagde||Member|
|9||Dr. P.S Bhagdikar||Member|
|10||Shri. Krushna Gahukar||Member|